Hello loves, happy Monday. As promised, today's review is of a health/nutrition box I recently received, courtesy of my friends from the Bulu Box. Bulu Box is in fact a monthly subscription, offering you 3 different boxes.
The box I received ( shown in pic) is the newest of the bunch, the Burn Blend. Bulu Box was the first of it's kind, offering nutritional supplements, vitamins, and healthy snacks. As Bulu added to the family, you now have additional options of Bulu's Weight loss subscription, or the Burn Blend Box(also geared towards weight loss).
I'll give the rundown on the contents of each box, but let's with the box I actually received. ( More pics below)
The pic above is what my Burn Blend box looked like upon opening. Inside were;
1. 60 count bottle of Burn Blend dietary supplement capsules(full size)
2. 30 day supply of Florastor Probiotic( full size)
3. Packet of powdered dietary supplement (1.48oz).
4. 1 sample sized packet of laundry detergent
5. 1 sample packet of sugar free appetite suppressant
6. 2 samples of energy drink mix
The other two boxes offered by Bulu, give you the option of the "original" Bulu Box, which focuses more on nutrition, healthy snacks and wellness. The "Weight Loss" box, is somewhat of a kickstart or hybrid of the Original and Burn Blend.
Costs: All three of Bulu Boxes are available month to month, 3 months or 6 months. Month to month , depending on which box you select, prices range between $8-$10. 3 month subscriptions start at $32.99 and up. Visit www.bulubox.com for more detailed information regarding box selection and pricing.
Pros: Concept. I like the "idea" of this box. I also like that there are three options depending on where you are on your wellness journey.
Cons: Looking at the box I received, I don't know how I feel about a box full of appetite suppressants. I suppose if that's your goal & you have little time to look fir such items--it may be for you. I'm not trying to lose any weight, therefore I can't attest to how any of the products in my box actually work. I also think the price is a bit high, with most of the box being sample sized.
A pounding headache, bloating, fatigue, and cramps-- it's that time of the month--and you have not one tampon, or pad. Ugh!! I can't recall how many times this has been the case. In pain and miserable, yet still having to trek to the nearest store, hunting for feminine products, a heating pad and anything else to help me get through the worst week of every month.
Fortunately the tide has turned. No, there's no magical curing of PMS, but thanks to subscription services such as www.mypmskits.com, surviving your period, has become so much easier.
Created for women by a woman, "My PMS Kit" is a monthly subscription box providing the necessary hygiene products, and carefully curated wellness products, allowing you to take a moment and make yourself a priority. Each month ahead of your menstrual cycle(you select date), you will receive a customized box of the following products;
1. Tampons, pads or menstrual cup
2. An adorable pouch for your feminine products
3. A comforting treat of tea or chocolate--your choice
4. An essential oil
5. Three beauty products to help you feel even more fabulous than you already are ;0
Here are pics of the products I received in my January survival kit. Details on how to get your very own kit with $10off will follow. Have a look!
#MyPMSKits #subscriptionbox #disocunt
I don't think this box could possibly get any cuter. I don't give 4 halo's easily, but "My PMS Kit" has earned their wings and some. A banner week so far. I like the idea of being able to select the hygiene products I want and the option to change them later without additional charges. Being that this i the first box of this kind that I've tried, I have nothing to compare it to, but the inclusion of essential oils and beauty products for that little touch of glamour, make this box really special in my opinion.
The cost of this monthly subscription is $30 per month. You will receive your choice of type and quantity of pads, tampons or menstrual cup. Also included will be a carrying pouch, wellness product, 1 food item(of choice) and 3 beauty items. There honestly isn't anything I disliked or could complain about. Every item you need to survive your menstrual cycle without any late night product runs( too cold for that), arrive at your door just in the nick of time. January box easily earns 😇😇😇😇
Want your own PMS Survival Kit? No problem. You can head on over to www.mypmkits.com and pay full price OR enter the Angel's giveaway for $10 off. To enter you must;
*subscribe to the newsletter
*follow us on Twitter(@AngelsOpinion)
* AND/OR follow us on Instagram(@angelsopinion) and tag a friend
Winner will be selected in one week.
(Pic not my own)
Babies after 40--a trend that's become far more common than it once was, but as any medical professional will tell you, the road to baby joy after 40( sometimes before) is risky and calls for extra measures such as IVF( Invitro Vertilization). I don't know a great deal about IVF, but with friends having undergone the process, I do know it is costly and emotionally taxing, which got me to thinking--are there any alternatives?
The short answer is absolutely yes. Determining which alternative will work for you is a completely different story. First, you would need to be thoroughly examined by your physician to determine the cause of your fertility challenges. Once that has been done, you can then inquire about possible alternative procedures that are less expensive and possibly less invasive.
Here are some options to consider;
1) Au Naturel--Depending on the condition, sometimes it's determined that a surgical procedure isn't at all needed, at all. In such cases, lifestyle changes such as acupuncture therapy, a change in diet, supplements such as Q10, and meditation are recommended.
2) Mini IVF- This is still IVF, and the biggest differences between a "regular" VF & a mini IVF is the amount of medications used and cost. Mini IVF is less expensive, uses fewer medications &has the primary goal is to stimulate the ovaries just enough for a few eggs.
3) Gift ( Gamete Intra-Fallopian Transfer)- Very similar to the standard IVF procedure, with the exception of how the eggs are fertilized. With GIFT, the egg/sperm matter is inserted directly into the Fallopian tubes via laparoscopy( reduced pain, smaller incision, shorter recovery)
4) TET( Tubal Embryo Transfer)- TET mirrors GIFT in procedure with the exception of time. TET embryos are also transferred into the Fallopian tubes BUT 48 hours after fertilization, when the embryo cells have already developed.
Again, there are so many varied reasons for infertility. Some issues require more medical attention than others, so working with your physician is paramount. Having a strong support system is equally as important. Fertility and reproduction is not a matter you want to tackle all by yourself. By no means is this a comprehensive list of all options and alternatives, rather some other procedures that aren't as commonly mentioned.
#IVF #Reproduction #Babies
Everyday life provides most of us all the stress and depletion of energy one could ask for. Whether it's work, kids, extended family or illness, needless to say, finding energy for that second wind to complete your daily to do list is a challenge. As many of my regular readers are already aware, I like many others, suffer with chronic pain from an autoimmune disorder.
BY the end of the day, I am so exhausted I need toothpicks to hold my lids up. Unlike tired from a hard day at the office or from wrangling with little ones, chronic pain and specifically in my case-RA(Rheumatoid Arthritis) leaves me feeling somewhat useless. Over the past few years my symptoms have gotten worse, and this year especially has been really tough. I can't tell if I'm exhausted from the pain of joint damage and inflammation or just plan tired.
At the onset of this year, I teamed up with All Shape Up founder James Hesling in an effort to use food and daily, low impact exercise to help alleviate some of my pain. Did it work? Yes( thank you James) and no--my body many days just won't cooperate. If you have chronic pain from any condition, you can probably relate. Trying my best to use holistic methods of healing, I've taken note of what has and has not worked for me over the past 8 months. Here are my best tips thus far....
1. Rest pattern- Depending on the type of work you do, you may have to be in the office or on the clock at a specific time of day. Whatever your job may be, I have found that determining what arch of time you feel most rested is a big help. If you're a night owl, you must find time during the day to sleep. Forcing your body to rest when it doesn't want to will do you no favors in this battle. Trust me, I've already tried and failed miserably.
2. Allergens-Most of us are allergic to things, common items, that we may not even be aware of. This note ties into diet, but I've had to really take stock of not just what I digest and when, but even someof the household and skincare products I use daily. I noticed my body reacted differently than it once did to certain items. I'm not a doctor and not always clear on what's in some of these products, but if you notice any change in skin texture, appearance or the way you feel after consuming certain foods or using certain products--please, please consult your physician as soon as possible.
3. Exercise ( tailored for you)-- Most physicians will advise you that some type of exercise daily is good for your overall health. I agree, but where I think many of us , especially with health disorders go wrong, is we just may be over doing it. Working with James from All Shape UP has honestly provided more help than even he may realize. For those that don;t know, All Shape Up is a customized wellness program. Working one on one James was able to gather detailed information about my health concerns and help me formulate a guide, not a "you must do it just like this", but a framework of foods that may aid in fighting my inflammation and low impact exercise regimens that could help with my joint stiffness. Read more about James and All Shape Up here (www.allshapeup.com). Every exercise just does not work for everybody. Please consider what you enjoy doing and what is within your comfort level based on your current health. Fighting fatigue and battling RA is not about a size or a number. This is about preserving your health in the best way possible.
4. Meal plan--To piggy back a little off of number 3, I don't like the word diet, at least not in the traditional sense, of eating to gain or lose any weight. I say diet in terms of what based on your condition does your body need to fuel it. When James was creating my plan, what I like to eat was one of his first questions. From that consultation, he provided me some recipes, such as the "Flu-fighting" smoothie(blueberries--my fave). My resistance is naturally low, so this was something I could add into my daily eating and help take care of myself at the same time. Again, I urge anyone reading this piece, stop trying to fit into the same box as everyone else. Work with your healthcare professionals and listen to your body to determine what does and does not serve you well.
5. Mini-breaks- Most of us couldn't even fathom taking a nap midday. With kids, work and everything else, how can you? Well, as I have pushed through and literally run myself into the ground here of late, I am now paying the price. At the beginning of the year, I decided to listen to my body and if I needed to sit for an extra 10 minutes or postpone a meeting a day or so I did just that. When I took my own advice, I saw results and began to feel more energized. Somewhere along the way, I got wayyyyy off course and boy am I paying for it now. With RA and other autoimmune disorders, getting off track can be disastrous. Once your body begins fighting you so to speak, it takes a good while to recover and rebuild. How much so? It's taken me days just to copse these few paragraphs--literally. If you need a moment, let someone else wait. You can't take care of anyone else until you first take care of you.
I certainly hope something in this article will help you along your wellness journey. As I try my best to get back where I need to be, trust I'll be sharing my own journey with you every step of the way. Angel ;0