Lush, decadent,opulent....heaven in a bottle. Thymes is like a long lost friend to me when it comes to bath products. Every now and then we all need to take a break and test what's new and improved in the market place, but after a consumer from product separation, I found myself looking for Thymes fragrance.
I shouldn't say looking, they didn't actually go anywhere, but I wanted to revisit the brand, and I did just that while shopping with Ulta. Over the holidays there were quite a few offers of freebies, kits and add-on products and one of my add on was the Gardenia and Goldleaf foaming bath soak.
I don't care how over saturated the market becomes, the Thymes brand is tried, tested and true--forever one of my faves. So last week I mentioned that something this glorious required meditation & a deep soak. A long hot bath, candles, a little Michael Buble' in the background--and a sachet of Gardenia and Goldleaf in the bath. Trust me when I tell you, all the worries and chaos of the week melted away in an instant.
Unlike some bath soaks, this foaming bath is is not only beautifully scented and perfectly packaged, it is choc full of healing ingredients as well. Having Auto Immune disorder, I often seek products that offer comfort to achy & sore muscles and joints. The Gardenia & Goldleaf is infused with Epsom Salt for healing, Aloe and Glycerin to soften the skin, topped off with the sweet medley of Jasmine & Chinese magnolia flower t tickle your senses. In a word--encapsulating. Thymes, you have earned your halo--all four of them
I wasn't aware of the extent of this amazing collection of products, but I certainly look forward to trying each and every one. Find this product's collection and so many more by clicking here www.thymes.com
It's 2019 and Eco Tools, a personal favorite of mine, has introduced a blender that in a word--is life changing. Ok, so maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but a true time saver it is. I received this Perfecting Detail blender as a stocking- stuffer for Christmas. I initially thought the design was unique and adorable, but didn't think the shape would make any difference as it pertained to application. Purely marketing I thought.
I have never been more wrong. The average or normal beauty sponges are shaped like a teardrop. A little water softens the sponge and naturally causes it to expand, helping to cover more of your face at one time. Eco Tools has taken the concept of a beauty sponge to the next level and some. You see, the bottom of the sponge is designed is not completely round, but more of a curve, with one side of the sponge in wide slant and the other just slightly smaller.
The difference this makes when applying is for starters, you don;t have to attack your under eye area when applying concealer or foundation. By the sides being flat, you can effortlessly press your powder, concealer or foundation all the way to the rim of your eye--comfortably. The second benefit and for me the most important, any product you're applying actually stays in place. Sometimes with "average" sponges and blenders, I find that after all that dabbing and stippling, you still have product moving across your face, forcing you to stipple, then wait. Well, once product has dried--unevenly--it's back to the drawing board.
I absolutely LOVE this sponge!! An ergonomic beauty blender--who knew!! I'm sure it wasn't on the minds of the designers at Eco Tools, but having chronic pain, the shape of this sponge is easier for me on those really painful days( most of them) because I don't have to stipple so aggressively. Who would have guessed that my least expensive gift would turn out to be one of my absolute favorites.
I've put a few pics of my sponge, now used, below to give you a better view of the sponge itself. Eco Tools products are carried at a variety of retailers such as Walgreen's and Target. Both retailers are part of the Ebates family, giving you 3% and 5% back on any purchase respectively. Follow the link www.ebates.com/r/ANGEL7863 for $10 cash back! Check out pics of my freshly used Perfecting Detail Blender below. Til next time--Angel ;0
The name Christian Dior is enough to bring a smile to your face for any reason--especially when fragrance is involved. I recently received this sample of "happy mail". Much like the name, this bottle of happy, is infused with notes of Mandarin and Bergamot. A parfum( not toilette) that is fresh yet soft and sweet combination perfect for day or evening wear.
What I find most appealing about this fragrance is the dry down. One spritz or spray and the notes settle almost immediately. There is no overpowering note in particular, just a refreshing burst of sweetness. Having little dry down time, you could easily spray this fragrance just before going into a meeting or event, without any concern of your scent being offensive or over powering. JOY is light pink in color, packaged in a sleek and elegant, clear glass bottle.
You can purchase this beautiful fragrance directly from the Dior website or other fine retailers such as Sephora. The price point begins at $75 for 1 fl oz. Links to order are listed below.
Recently I was torn in deciding which subscroption box service to rate & review next. I have mixed feelings about some of the other boxes I've tried, as the market for Lifestyle curated boxes seems to be an severely underserved.
I get it, the Lifestyle niche is hard to put in a box ( no pun intended) as you are speaking to every area of ones' life. Nothing seemed to jump out at me, but I eventually settled on the Fab Fit Fun subscription box.
Anxiously waiting, I was hopeful that this one box would somehow address all my needs at one time. I wanted high quality skincare products, brands that were familiar and something that was new, I also wanted a product, accessory or something that was more functional for daily use.
The box arrived as shown above, and when I opned it, I must say---even a cynic like me was quite impressed.
Wow! Look at this. I opened the box and all of these goodies were ever so neatly and perfectly packaged inside. Selecting items onscreen is no comparison to seeing something with the naked eye, especially when the products are high end.
I honestly didn't expect to be as pleased with this box, based on unpleasant past experiences.
The Mark & Gray wrap is baby soft, and incredibly warm. The neutral color makes it the perfect compliment to an array of outfits. How I styled it will come in another post soon. Moving on, I don't have a favorite item yet, but can say I've used the Essential oils( Sweet orange & Eucalyptus) the most. This brand is new to me, and these oils are better (i.e more concentrated) than others I've tried. Having Auto Immune disease, I often use essential oils in my diffuser and especially in my bath to help ease aching joints & muscles.
The Sherpa head band and finger-less gloves were suppose to be a gift and that's all I'm saying about that. So warm, so cute--just perfect. Last but not least, I fell head over heels for the Glam Glow water burst moisturizer. Your skin will feel as if you just had a professional facial--silky smooth, non-greasy, perfect for my oily skin.
All in all I am simply ecstatic about the product selection. I love that this box /brand has a mission outside of marketing. I 'm also pleased that although anyone could benefit & enjoy the products, that this box has a genuine grown up vibe to it. In addition to the a wonderfully curated box, I have to compliment the customer service department. I asked many questions, from various email addresses before ordering and each time I received a prompt & courteous reply. Not to mention that even during the Christmas chaos, my box arrived in time( before Christmas) without hassle. What more can I say? Fab Fit Fun is fantastic!. More pics can be found on my Instagram page and I will soon post some styling photos for your viewing pleasure. Til next time. Angel ;0
They say 40 is the new 20--actually 40 is 40 and so is everything after. Everyday is a gift and blessing, so I don;t dwell on the year or number, but the reality is our bodies, our faces, and hormonal balance do change after 40. I don't care for the term "anti-aging" because I'm all for aging--gracefully that is.
I have very oily skin( thank Heavens) but the products my 20 -something Goddaughter uses , don;t always address my beauty needs. So, for this balmy 30 degree weather we continue to enjoy, in no particular order, here are 7 of my must have beauty essentials, for fabulous divas over 40.
1) Moisturizer-- Yes I have oily skin, which is a great help, but to keep my skin supple and soft, I absolutely must have a moisturizer that works with my oily skin-not against it. A thick cream is great for other body parts, but not my face. My current two favorites are Cetaphil for day use, and Shea butter at night.
2) Saturate with Serum- Cold air is tortuous on the skin, especially when traveling by air, so I like to also use a good serum in addition to a moisturizer during colder months. Hands down Boots No.7 Protect and Perfect is a miracle worker. Their latest offering in the form of the face/neck sheet mask combo is so saturated ( but not sticky) that it contains an entire week's worth of product. Talk about value! I purchased my sheet mask from Walgreen's. Shop Walgreen's through www.Ebates.com with this code ANGEL7863 and get $10 cash!!
3) Conceal- Your eyes are truly the window t your soul and whether your issue is dark circles( tight here) puffy eyes, fine lines, or just lack of sleep--you want and need a powerful concealer. For the past year I've been using MasterCamo by Maybelline. The compact is purse &pocket friendly, but more importantly the product itself is so perfectly pigmented, providing excellent coverage that you can easily go without powder, or foundation.
4)Steam please!-- Moist heat does wonders for the face and full body. A portable face steamer to open my pores and break down toxins is an absolute must. A variety of styles, colors and prices from $20-$149 can easily be found at retailers such as Walmart.
5) Exfoliate- As we mature, so does our skin and our cells just don;t turn over as quickly as they once did. This isn't cause for concern, but the effect is that your complexion may look dull even when cleansed. The type of exfoliant you use depends largely on your skin type (i.e sensitive, oily, dry). I highly recommend the Glycolic Scrub by Vera Moore Cosmetics .veramoorecosmetics.com. In addition to being oily, my skin is also very sensitive, but this scrub-infused with Aloe--is very gentle and didn't irritate or cause my skin to break out.
6) Essential Oils( lots of them)- I can't stress enough the importance of keeping your skin hydrated( inside and out). For all over body care I prefer to use a trio of moisturizing body wash, body cream and body oil. My current body care obsession is hands down Skin so Soft Supreme Nourishment. This is not your grandma's Skin So soft. This newbie is an entire meal for your body. Starting with the rich, decadent, very creamy body wash, followed by the Supreme Nourishment lotion--which feels more like a body butter--and finishing with the Nourishment oil-a cocktail of Macadamia, Jojoba and Coconut oil.
If you live in a really cold climate or you fly often, trust me you WANT Skin So soft Supreme Nourishment by Avon in your bag, and it makes a great Christmas gift. Order here avon.com/myavon/angelsopinion. Receive a free gift w/any $50 purchase.
7) Bold Lip- I love a red lip, this i snot news for my regular readers. Some things I agree can be left behind as we mature, but a bright red lip is classic and timeless. If red just isn't your vibe, try the brightest shade of your favorite lipstick or gloss.